APR 3: Parent/Teacher Interviews
- Parents and students are encouraged to come and meet with the teachers of Western Technical-Commercial School. Times are from 1:30 to 3:30 pm in the afternoon, and from 6:00 to 8:00 pm in the evening of TUESDAY, APRIL 3, 2018.Parent-teacher interviews provide the best opportunity to learn about your child’s progress, and are an important step in creating positive home/school communication.A reminder to all that WTCS is a scent free environment.
- How to prepare for the interview
- Before the conference with the teacher:
- Make a list of any general or specific questions that you want to ask your child’s teacher(s).
- Ask your child what he/she would like you to ask or tell his/her teacher.
- Think about any specific information you will need to let the teacher know,for example, any home or family changes that the teacher needs to be sensitive to, any health issues that affect your child, any recent family deaths or dramatic changes that have had an impact on your child, etc.
- Consider what special things you would like the teacher to know about your child.
- After the interview
- When you get home from the conference:
- Speak honestly with your child about the discussion you had with his/her teacher. Tell your child, both the positive feedback and any problem areas that were discussed, as well as plans that you and the teacher made to help your child make improvements.
- Start right away on any plans for improvement and be very consistent. This helps show your child that you consider them important and that everyone (parent, teacher and child) can work together to make positive changes. It also models for your child how to take on problems and turn them around.
- If you have a partner or spouse who was unable to attend the conference, fill them in on the information as soon as possible.
- Keep in regular contact with the teacher.
- Parking logistics
- Please feel free to use the site underground parking located under the football field at the front of the school, enter via Glenlake Avenue.
Seating Arrangement, please click here.